This Privacy Statement (combined with our Data Protect – GDPR Policy) sets out how W.A Cooke & Sons uses and protects any information that you give upon use of the website and affiliated services. Acting as a notice, this page is aimed at giving guidance on how we interpret and handle data on a day to day basis. This Statement, as well as any supporting documents, applies the W.A Cooke & Sons group, including:-
- W.A Cooke & Sons Engineers (Established 1926) Limited
- W.A Cooke & Sons (Site Services) Limited
- Watermark Projects
We (W.A Cooke & Sons) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and controlled to meet requirements expected of us. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Some key points:
✔ We don’t sell your data to third parties
✔ We do make it easy for you to manage your information, you can change your communication preferences at any time
✔ We do use data to help us provide great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it’s relevant, useful and timely
Authorized employees within the company may have access to data on a need to know basis, using information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data as per the data protection act. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
W.A Cooke & Sons may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes, however large changes will always be notified by email where-considered appropriate. This policy is effective from May 25th 2018 in accordance with Data Protection & GDPR Laws.
When we collect personal data
We will collect data where-required for customer experience in the following instances:
- When you create an account with us and/or sign up for a newsletter
- When you purchase a product
- When you fill out a review or survey
- When you enquire about a product and/or service
- When you make a return
- When you make a complaint
Public data sources may also be used to gather data where-appropriate and where consent has been given, or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Legitimate interest of the customer will be used to provide contact to improve user experience through non-promotional emails before an opt in is required (for example to gather feedback on services)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (of which users are required to opt in)
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
As a preventative measure we assign a data controller who looks after the security of the data, as well as maintaining accurate records. The data controller role is delegated accordingly to the manager of the department that is using the specified data.
Https protocols are used throughout our website and include the checkout process, such measures are used as a preventative strategy to maintain security throughout the browsing and shopping experience. Internal access to personal data is password protected and maintained by the data controller within that department.
How long we hold personal data
We will only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose of which it was collected, at the end of which period all sensitive data will be removed. Any non-sensitive data (such as product ordered, or order value) may be used for statistical analysis and business planning in the future.
- Orders, Personal data from orders will be held for a maximum of 5 years to ensure that we can comply with legal and contractual obligations (such as tax / vat purposes)
- Warranties, where required for a warranty period your data will be held for the remaining time designated.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree to use our website, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know what particular site a visitor may have come from. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest which may or may not be direct affiliated with us as a business. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: W.A Cooke & Sons, Ellesmere Works, Southern Street, Walkden, Manchester, M28 3QN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you would like to change, or check the records that we currently have for you on our system then you can do so by getting in touch which our Data Protection Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org